Model testing at the Offshore Technology Research Center.
The Ocean Engineering Program participates in several research centers and laboratories associated with Texas A&M University
We are also the home to several other significant research facilities
The Ocean Engineering is home to a broad group of research active faculty. Generally, we categorize research areas under Coastal Engineering and Ocean (or Offshore) Engineering. Visit the People page for contact information for each faculty member.
- Kuang-An Chang - Wave breaking processes; wave-structure interactions; sediment dynamics; environmental fluid mechanics; non-intrusive quantitative measurement techniques.
- Hamn-Ching Chen - Turbulence modeling; computational ship and submarine hydrodynamics; nonlinear wave/body/wake interactions; unsteady three-dimensional Navier-Stokes equations.
- Jeff Falzarano - Analysis of hydrodynamic forces on floating cylinders using eigen function; nonlinear time-varying dynamics of ship rolling motion and capsizing; ship and submarine modeling
- James Kaihatu - Ocean wave propagation; Nearshore nonlinear wave dynamics; Breaking waves; Nearshore circulation; Cohesive sediments; Data assimilation
- Cheung Hun Kim - Wave and current interaction with a floating body; extreme wave loads and motion of an ocean structure; slow drift force and motion in the ocean; wave impact and ringing and springing; universal linear system model for nonlinear response; nonlinear ship motion.
- Moo-Hyun Kim - Nonlinear dynamics of offshore platforms; wave mechanics and free-surface flows; nonlinear stochastic analysis; computational fluid dynamics; hydroelasticity; floating breakwaters; beach erosion.
- Richard Mercier - Deep-water model testing; floating structures; risers and moorings; materials; seafloor engineering; subsea systems.
- Robert Randall - Ocean engineering; offshore and experimental measurements; dredging and open water disposal; fluid mechanics, underwater life support and diving technology, undersea acoustics, diffusion processes.
- Scott Socolofsky - Environmental fluid mechanics; multi-phase flow and direct ocean carbon sequestration; shallow flow stability; laboratory methods.
- Jun Zhang - Wave dynamics; ocean engineering; oceanography; remote sensing of ocean surface; nonlinear dynamics; wave dynamics.